Home » Blog » Win A Hand Finished Print

Print Competition
Win a Handfinished print competition.

Win A Hand Finished Print

It’s that time again!  Another chance to win one of my Hand finished Prints.  I marked the end of the Artists on The Canals tour last year with a prize draw for one of my Hand finished Prints and the response was excellent.  This time I am marking the beginning of The Art Boat tour 2016.   The last competition was run from my facebook page, but this time I want to show off my brand new website and blog,  so the prize draw will be run from here.

What is a Hand finished Print?

The prints are all taken from images of  Jan Vallance original paintings.

NOT JUST A PRINT.   Printed on real cotton canvas, the canvas print has gold and other highlights added by hand using artist quality acrylic paints. It is then finished with varnish to protect.  Each print measures 7½ ” x 7½ ” and is supplied in a 12″ mount.  This prize draw is for one print only

How do I enter the prize draw?

It is very easy to be in with a chance to win:

1.    Subscribe to my blog during March and you will automatically be entered.   Don’t forget to….
  2.    Comment on this post, and include the number of which print you would like.  The available  prints  are all shown on the accompanying picture at the top of this post and are numbered 1 to 6

How and When  will the winner be announced?

The competition will close at midnight on March 31st, and the winner will be announced on Friday April 1st.  I am hoping to be able to video the draw again as that was very popular last time.

There will only be one winner,  but everyone who subscribes in March  will be sent a code for 15% off ANYTHING in the shop.   You can find out more about my prints in The Art Boat Shop

41 comments

1. Joan Pearson says:

Blimey what fab work and so hard to choose. Absolutely love 1 and 3 but the others not to far behind. Good luck with you blogging. No 3 is my upmost favourite

2. Mark Lomas says:

Number One is my favourite. There’s nothing nicer than walking along the canal and this picture captures it well. Good luck No 1

3. Natasha Banga says:

Lovely work! I like number 3 the most, the others are wonderful too so it’s quite hard to choose… Such talent! Xx

4. Gaynor Holmes on Kitty Sark says:

They are all lovely and quite relaxing to look at. Love number 3. It looks a lot like the stretch at Whaley Bridge.

• Jan says:

Gaynor, you are not far off, and you are not the first person that has thought it reminded them of that particular area. It is actually just round the corner on the Macclesfield canal at High Lane.

5. Steph Poyton says:

Have always loved your work, number 4 is my favourite, but a very difficult decision. Well done, they are all fantastic!

• Jan says:

Thank you Steph. The coalboat was one of the first of my “waterways” themed paintings, and as it is my local coalboat, I have quite a soft spot for it.

6. Gillie says:

It has to be No. 4 for us, atmospheric and we love our coal boat arriving too. Your work is brilliant, never found you before, so glad I have. Love the cows too it is great seeing them sharing the canal when we are dotting about. Become an instant fan. x

7. Louise Lancaster says:

Hi I love them all so a difficult choice but it would have to be no.6 for me . I have 3 of your lovely kitty wood blocks which look like they could be part of this pic. Love your work.